Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> In this sense - are wJRE builds still considered l10n builds and community
> builds and truly opensource?

The Italian team has only released with-JRE builds (for Windows) for a
long time, and surely we will do this for 3.2 too. If one is fine with
using Microsoft Windows then the non-free JRE is not an issue; also,
it's very easy to skip the JRE installation with an "advanced
installation".

Still, this is an issue: a policy issue and a practical issue for those
non-Windows users who prefer free software only. I proposed long ago to
bundle OpenOffice.org with a free software version of JRE. I'm not
following Java development, but as far as I know this issue should
eventually be solved when the open-sourcing of Java is completed. If
anyone has some knowledge of this, I'd really like to learn more about
the Java licensing status.

Regards,
  Andrea Pescetti - Italian N-L Project Lead.