Wouldn’t this be true of anybody who is serious developer in open contrail.
Either they have need for a feature in their cloud or they are getting a fat
check. For Speed of development they will have private fork.

However it is in their interest to sync with main branch, otherwise they lose
the benefit of community.

So I would not be worried about it.

Regards
-Harshad