On 1/8/2016 7:52 AM, Upayavira wrote:
> I'd like to see some visible improvements to the Solr UI before then.
> Notably a "nodes" pane and a couple of others, so a timescale of "a few
> months" would be great.

I've only been paying attention to commits for one new major release, so
I can offer some info on 5.0, but not any of the previous major releases.

Robert created branch_5x on 2014/09/18.  Version 5.0.0 was released on
2015/02/20.  That's five months from new branch to new major release.

I do not know if that is typical, but I bet it is.  Prepping a new major
release takes quite a while.  You'll likely have all the time you need
to get your UI changes in.

Thanks,
Shawn