Here’s an update for 7.0 release.

We are (rightfully) waiting for SOLR-10760 to be completed so that we could
deprecate all Trie/LegacyNumeric based fields in 7.0. I discussed this with
Hoss, and Steve Rowe, and here are the 2 things that Hoss highlighted that were
not directly related for 7.0, but for being able to comfortable deprecate those
fields:

"a) points fields have been around for many 6.x releases, but a lot of features
silently fail (or fail in weird ways) if you use points ... so i wnat to get
those bugs found and documented
b) i want the test randomization in place so that as people create new
functionality w/ explicit/implicit assumptions about *either* points or tries
the tests will fail on them (someitmes)”

While we wait for this, we should now only get bug fixes and critical
deprecations into branch_7_0.

P.S: Like always, if someone thinks otherwise, let everyone else know.

-Anshum