No doubt there will be. Ensuring we have not lost too much in terms of
testing and quantifying what we have lost may be an area you are
comfortable with?

I've done a loose attempt at passing in the right system properties and
what not, but some things have changed, some things may be missed (random
seed and random seed? I do have a start on that though!
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/jira/SOLR-13452_gradle_5/buildSrc/common/configure-ext.gradle#L53),
some things can't be easily configured yet.

We are using gradle to luanch tests and I love it cause it plays well with
gradle's max worker setting and launches tests across modules in parallel
nicely and works well with their pretty print output stuff, but they still
only have round robin garbage for distribution of tests across jvms.
Hopefully it catches up to what we had at some point - I'm not super keen
on trying to plug the ant launcher in instead myself, though I have
experimented with getting the junit 5 stuff working, thinking it's custom
engine separation stuff could be cool, but probably not that useful here it
turns out.

Anyway, you probably have more experience with that stuff than me, so just
my current brain waves.

--
- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller