On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought you might be pressing for a final release sooner rather than later,
> so mid August is my plea for the soonest date. I can take advantage of more
> time for sure. At the same time, I'm hoping we release by the end of the
> summer - but I thought you were in a larger hurry than me. I'd be even more
> ready at the end of august then the middle of it.

I'm not in a hurry: except i dont want us to just sit around and drag
it on until next year, for the final to then look nothing like the
alpha :)

> I don't mind either of your two options.
>
> I'd be fine with dropping a beta that hits start of august or sooner, or just
> working towards 4 at the end of august. I don't have any strong feelings
> about that - I just vote we do final release mid august *earliest*.

ok cool, i think i would plan on maybe trying to get an RC for the
beta out next week or so. I don't want to commit to lucene api back
compat yet, I would like to just leave the guarantees the same for
now: if you think solr HTTP back compat is ok thing to do, i'll go
with your judgement there, I dont understand the details of all the
tradeoffs involved.

but if we commit to lucene api back compat, then thats no different
than a final release and will take longer I think to get everyone
happy with it going out (its a lot to commit to).

--
lucidimagination.com