Github user jeme commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/209

    > Could there be Lucene.Net without Apache? I don't know. There must be
some reason why no developer before me went off on their own and decided to
pull it out from under Apache (and I don't think there is anything in the
licensing preventing it).

    Actually way back the first time I began to look into Lucene on .NET I did
come across a few other attempts on just that, but I guess they died off in
favor for this, and to some extend thanks for that because one of them
attempted to use a RAW port (no .NET-fications) and then just build a wrapper
around it, in theory a good idea if you could do fully automated porting, but
in practice not viable at all I think...

    Other solutions simply used a JNBridge and the Lucene Jar's... No idea how
well that would work, again I think you would have the wrapper layer. Sounds
awfully ineffective...

---
with INFRA.
---