Le mercredi 14 mars 2018, 09:10:20 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> The more I think about this, the more I believe we should approach this a
> little bit different.
>
> There are discussions which parts should be part and which shouldn't. But
> is this up to us/Maven?
I don't get the intend here

> How about removing those bits that are useless, i.e build and reporting
> and I tend to agree on distributionmanagement. These are all instructions
> specifically for building, reporting and its distribution and does not add
> value once deployed.
> If there are additional elements that users want to remove, they can
> decide to use the flatten-maven-plugin.
what is hard here is to really define the consumer features, for example on
profiles or dependencyManagement or repositories. But for the few pure
descriptive fields that are discussed (like ciManagement), there is no long
discussion: we'll keep them in the consumer POM, they don't really hurt common
understanding

> There is another proposal, the pdt-  or project dependency trees-file[1],
> which will the ultimate and optimized consumer-file.
yes, in the future, when consumer poms are a reality and we get all the
implications, we can eventually create a completely new format, why not.
IMHO, this first step of consumer vs build POM as consumer = subset of POMv4
and build POM is full POMV4 and newer is a crucial step before discussing more
disruptive evolution

Regards,

Hervé