Ok, something more practical right now. I'd meant to bring it up at the
same time as my other mail, but thanks to Jesse for reminding me.

I'm embarrassed to say that the front page looks a whole lot like the
one I created about this time last year for 2.0 alpha 1. I think it
needs an update. IMO, the front page should be:

* an introduction
* an explanation of what all the links on the left are
* where to find information
* quick links like the download box
* have news, but not be the primary focus of the page
* above all, brief.

What do others think?

I think we need to revisit the navigation too. We have a couple of rogue
elements and its a bit hard to see anything. We especially need to stop
the titles wrapping.

I'd propose:

Get Maven
    * Download