+1

Being explicit is good.

Jason.

On 11 Apr 07, at 12:54 PM 11 Apr 07, John Casey wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page with the plugin
auto-version resolution stuff that we've been discussing lately (on the assembly-plugin vote thread, for one thing). I think it's clear that we cannot continue to allow Maven to resolve RELEASE or LATEST meta- versions for plugins any more. I'd actually argue that this is bad practice for ANY artifact that is to be resolved, including site skins, etc. since it kills
our ability to deprecate features.

I'd like to completely remove this from the DefaultPluginManager in trunk,
so we can start moving away from this practice immediately.

I guess this is an informal vote on the subject, but I wanted to get
everyone's opinions before I move on it, since it's a fairly important
change.

Here's my +1.

-john