On 11/12/2008, at 2:24 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

The -1 is a last action that should be taken. You tossed it out in a very cavalier fashion. What you're saying above describes discussing with Oleg to fix the problem. But that's not what you did. You're right, Oleg checking in a bunch of JARs is not a big deal. Using a -1 one is a big so your sentiment doesn't match up with your action.

We've had this discussion before, and we have different opinions about when it is appropriate to cast such a vote.

I'm pretty sure anyone that has interacted with me over the last 5 1/2 years here knows I'm not the kind of person that goes around bullying people. You're blowing it out of proportion unnecessarily.

My argument is predicated on a proper use of veto power when one is involved. You are currently not really involved and as such I think discussing it with Oleg is a more appropriate first action. You used the most extreme form disagreement as your first move. Not a great dialog starter.

So you're mail was intended to prove your point then? :)

I was hasty in the first mail, though I thought I was polite and clear enough. I've eventually sent the follow up that I intended, and I'm happy to help resolve the problem before withdrawing the -1. The system works!

You vetoed while he's in the middle of trying to do a release.

I didn't veto anything to do with the already rolled release, and voted in favour.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]