On 29/07/2011, at 9:35 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I'm in favor of the policy (since I suggested it), that maven 3.0.X
> can deliver pom XSD 4.0.Y, where the changes the the XSD are proven to
> be harmless to popular old versions and common sense characterizes
> them as unlikely to blow anything up. I submit that adding some
> inheritance control attributes would come under that rubric.
>
> Do we need to vote this, or otherwise clarify consensus or the lack
> thereof? Does anyone hate it?

I'm just a bit behind on mail, but need a clarification - in Maven the XSD is
an end result of the model that is generated, but you seem to describe it here
as an input. Am I misreading?

If you're suggesting a change to the model that is backwards compat API-wise
with 4.0.0, and has identical behaviour (or graceful degradation) when read
from the repository by <= 3.0.3, then I don't see any problem with a particular
change.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter