Please - for the love of ANY Maven user - please do NOT roll a 3.0.4 with any
Aether thats NOT 1.12.

1.11 that ships with the current Maven 3.0.3 has fundamental issues with your
local repository has artifacts from both mirrors and non-mirrors.  I'm finding
more and more users getting hit with this problem that getting a release out
there that doesn't solve this will just garner a -1 vote from me.

Note that this problem exists also in Maven 2.x so has been around before
Aether itself existed.

If we're planning to roll a release with the Eclipse based Aether release, then
please roll with 1.12 which fixes known issues, with the intention to roll the
final release with a new, Eclipse based Aether release.