Could you propose a solution to the following scenario?

Pick a revision, export it to cd/dvd media, take it to a air gapped build
machine, and build it in a reproducible way.

> >> - Why you think it's important
> >
> > As a measure of importance, this patch is being used in
> production in
> > 3 different companies in a production capacity presently.
> This patch
> > allows a switch to maven from a manual dependency
> management approach
> > without breaking policies.
>
> This is why the project is open source. I don't think this
> patch is something I would generally promote if the end
> result is encouraging people to put binary dependencies in
> the source control system. But you are free to maintain a
> patched version, that's your right.

So don't encourage, but allow it. We are trying to contribute, I don't think
deciding what CM procedures is best for some other organization should be a
motivating driver for the patch acceptance. Is the urge to control how an
organization handles its SDLC such a strong issue that you want a fork of MAVEN?

Can you point out technical deficiencies?

I think it is worth noting from a do no harm approach, looking at lines 249,
250, 269, 286 of the patch it should be clear that if the user does not
configure maven with this element then the behavior will remain unchanged.

> >> - Examples of how it would be used
> >>

> > Project structure:
> >
> > ./
> > ./bin
> > ./lib/mvn
> > ./src
> > ./var/opt/apache-maven-3.0.4-SNAPSHOT/
> > ./var/opt/apache-maven-3.0.4-SNAPSHOT/conf/settings.xml:
> >

> <settings><localRepositoryRelativeTo>M2_HOME</localRepositoryRelativeT
> > o><localRe
> > pository>../../../lib/mvn</localRepository></settings>
> >
> >> It's easier if you capture the discussion in the issue.
> >
> > This is a copy of what was posted
> >
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5167?focusedCommentId=279221&page
> > =com.atlas
> >
> sian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-279221
> > ) for all to read.

> maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/execution/DefaultMavenExecu
> >>>

> maven-settings-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/settings/valida

> >> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/56607/MNG-5167.patch

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -