Github user mattf-horton commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/687

    If one insists that ':=' in Enrichments is a Metron add-on not Stellar,
that is equivalent to stating that Enrichment doesn't use Stellar but rather a
custom DSL derived from Stellar.  The xml stuff wrapped around Stellar by
Profiler, Enrichments, etc, can reasonably be viewed as external to Stellar,
but the ':=' token is clearly part of the Enrichment DSL.

    The ':=' token is also part of the Stellar REPL, which again we've wrapped
with caveats that it's got additions to Stellar that aren't part of Stellar.

    Sure quacks like a duck to me, but if it's not a Duck then it's a non-Duck,
according to Aristotle :-)

    Fact is, to any user not immersed in implementation details, it's part of
Stellar.  Why don't we be nice and make it all uniform?

---