Rita:  Here is the command to restart mysql

sudo service mysqld start

Michael Young posted an article on debugging quick dev that contains a lot of
helpful hints:

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/59801/troubleshooting-missing-events-in-metron-quick-dev.html

I think the monit configuration for mysql may be incorrect.  The mysql service
doesn’t come up by itself.  You have to start it after you create quick dev.

Thanks
Carolyn