Github user cestella commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/303

    Ok, so there is still an issue here.  Some of the other parsers do not
create an `ip_src_addr` and `ip_dst_addr` field in their test data (e.g.
`JSONMapParser`).  In those cases, the `global.json` used fails every message
as invalid because the default behavior changed for the IP validation code.

    As I see it, we have 2 choices:
    1. Make the behavior of the IP validator return valid if the field doesn't
exist.
    2. Remove the IP validation check from the integration test global config
    3. Force the various parsers to provide those fields.

    I suggest 1 upon further consideration.  Global validation across ALL
parsers is going to have to be tolerant of missing values as not all parsers
are going to provide every fields.  I think it should be interpreted, "Are
these fields globally valid if they exist?" rather than "are these fields
globally valid?"

    That being said, I think that the accommodation for this should exist in
the FieldValidation function, not in the individual validator functions.  I'll
make a PR to your PR to this effect, but I wanted to make sure everyone was on
board with that and gather thoughts.

---
with INFRA.
---