Github user cestella commented on the issue:
    Actually, upon even further consideration, I think we should revert the
default behavior of the IP validator to return `true` if the field doesn't
exist.  Handling it in the `FieldValidator` means we cannot express a
validation function that ensures the existence of a field across all parsers
(e.g. `timestamp`).

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.