On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Guido Medina <oxyg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The connections count is usually "finite" (not worth the effort),

If so, the best solution is certainly not to use NIO. One thread per
connection s the way to go, and if you have enough memory, you can handle
thousands of connections.

> but the
> queue for packets, isn't also a ConcurrentLinkedQueue?
> I'm not sure how MINA core stores the packets received before they are
> passed to their handler.

Packets  aren't stored in any data strcture. They are read into a
ByteBuffer, and passed through the filter chain up to the handler. You may
have a codec filter in the middle, that decode the packet into
Application's message, which are then passed through teh chain to the