Hi

I think you make good points. We can address your concerns by sending
notes to the mailing list and use the wiki / RFCs appropriately so the
community can follow and participate asynchronously so asynchronous
participation is still possible.

I would say let's try and see if they bring value, we can alway stop
if they don't or do it more often if the time is not enough, I think
once a month is a conservative choice that doesn't take too much time
from our already busy lives.

Other open source projects like IPFS do these kind of sessions and
seems to work for them.

It's also an opportunity to share what we are working on and collaborate more.

Pedro.