Hi to all,

from a users perspective: the major problem with mxnet/gluon is that mxnet
is not advertised enough. But it is picking up. Until recently gluoncv and
gluon-nlp  weren't on the official repository, so it makes sense people not
knowing them (after all, they are both very young).
I think a key reason for the confusion between mxnet and gluon, gluon being
a high level API for mxnet, is because in the official announcement from
amazon (
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/introducing-gluon-a-new-library-for-machine-learning-from-aws-and-microsoft/),
it was mentioned that gluon will support other frameworks as well (e.g.
CNTK), so it is not clear (officially) if it will remain only on  mxnet (I
find it hard to see it differently).

In the DL world, the name mxnet is a synonym to performance. I think you
want to keep that.

All the best. mxnet is amazing work. Thank you for all your efforts.
Foivos