On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 10:11 +0500, Murod Latifov wrote:
> Hello Milad,

Regards :)

> Persian and Tajik have many similarities e.g. grammar, except alphabet.
> Persian uses Arabic letters Tajik uses Cyrillic. I divided words into
> groups by mean of type of pref. suff. they accept (say noun and inside
> noun special sub rules for particular type of nouns). I made some
> progress with Tajik grammar, it works fine, we need to add dictionary
> entries. I can read and write Tajik in Persian. I also created small OOo
> writer script that converts Tajik words into Persian, which means
> letters are converted to Arabic and word can be read by Persian speaker.

As you know in Persian there are more than one letter associated to some
sounds than one, for example the s sound can be produced by 3 different
letters, and with replacing these letters, sometimes different words
with different meanings are produced. So the converter you wrote, unless
you use a database with one to one relation between Cyrillic and Persian
words, the result may be readable for Persian readers but are not
essentially true.

> This is too simple conversion with no proper logic of typing words in
> either language. I think our collaboration will give more results, than
> doing it separately.
> Also we lack presence of computer terminology, it would be great if we
> could have some sort of discussions in this regards.

There are some efforts in this regards by Academy of Persian Language
and other sources, and there are some books published in this respect,
though none of them are considered final yet.

>  You can call me on
> Scype [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we speak Persian.
>
> I wrote to you once before but there was no reply.

I'm really sorry about that, I must have messed something up. I'm
looking forward to that...

Luck,
-mee