Hi all,

Could a consensus solution be that for all JDK 8 - compatibility
related items, any/all work related to that, we assign those issues to
Svata -- and we try this for one release and see how that goes? If it
fails, then in the release after that, we should all then have
consensus to move away from JDK 8.

This does not solve the question of when we'll stop supporting a
particular JDK release -- except that it sounds like "forever, as long
as someone turns up to continue to support that release and in fact
does so".

Gj