From: Sven Reimers <sven.reim...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:00 AM
To: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Provide basic editor features for more file types out of the
box[WAS: Re: AW: Introductory Email]

Who can remember Schliemann Project in NetBeans?

Sven

Am 19.06.2017 1:08 nachm. schrieb "Emilian Bold" <emilian.b...@gmail.com>:

> In theory adding LSP support should be just as easy since the server does
> all the heavy lifting.
>
> But if we want to have for example Erlang syntax highlighting, etc. in the
> first case we just add another 10kb configuration file. In the second case
> we have to find and ship an Erlang LSP server.
>
> --emi
>
> Pe 19 iun. 2017, la 12:13, ehsavoie <emmanuel.hugon...@gmail.com> a scris:
>
> > LSP is an API so you would 'only' have to start a process and connect to
> it
> > (through input/output stream mostly).
> > From my point of view a LSP editor is the generic editor you  are talking
> > about, and the LSP server is the file you are loading from.
> > The advantage is that you have a quick more advanced support of a lot of
> > languages without even having to support them while you would have to
> > support every file you are providing.
> >

> > ----------
> > Emmanuel Hugonnet
> > http://www.ehsavoie.com
Java in the Alps - ehsavoie.com<http://www.ehsavoie.com/>
www.ehsavoie.com
On the 16th of October was hold the first NetBeans Day event in France thanks
to Geertjan Wielenga , Nebrass Lamouchi (@NebrassLamouchi) and Paul Bernardi
from ...

> > http://twitter.com/ehsavoie
ehsavoie (@ehsavoie) | Twitter<http://twitter.com/ehsavoie>
twitter.com
The latest Tweets from ehsavoie (@ehsavoie). WildFly dev, AlpesJUG leader,
NetBeans Dream team member. Grenoble, France