Could I suggest a tweak to the job config for the
job incubator-netbeans-release?

It seems that it's triggered to build on every commit?  I assume there's
other jobs checking this?  if not then how about having a CI related job,
i.e. one that builds on every commit(and maybe nightly releases when/if we
hook that up again) and then another one just for releases?

This way we can then start adding logic, like creating a tag in GIT for
every build and only executing that job when preparing a release - since it
won't be building so often we won't get lost in tags.  There might be other
logic we include here as well, maybe relating to signatures, automating the
rest of the release process...

Regards

John