Hi all

In agreed with Mathias and others, and taking in consideration the specific end purpose use of SVN i would not remove,  support of Subversion in Net beans.

IF it depends on this solely opinion, being an outlier too.

cheers

On 08/03/2018 15:29, Paul Franz wrote:
There has been a discussion going on in the NetBeans Users list about removing support for SVN. And it was recommended to bring up the topic here.

Just to give me 2 cents into the thought of removing Subversion support from NetBeans. I am against it just because older FLOSS projects and of course older internal projects for corporations use Subversion. So I think removing support for Subversion from NetBeans would be a bad overall move.

Just so that you have a little background on me. I use ClearCase and Subversion for the corporation I work for. For my personal projects located on BitBucket I use Mercurial. And for most part in both cases I use the command-line for most of my source code control interaction. So I know that I am an outlier, but my fellow developers need to GUIs to interact with source code control.

Paul Franz
Senior Principal Applications Engineer
Oracle Transportation Management

Forwarded message:

From: Claus Lüthje <claus.luet...@thetop.ch>
To: Eduard <i...@dejongfrz.nl>
Cc: us...@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Do you use NetBeans with SVN or CVS?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:08:24 +0100

Many customers I worked with here in Switzerland still use SVN, too.
I completely understand the urge to leave SVN for eg Git, but reality is slower …

Claus

Am 08.03.2018 um 15:05 schrieb Eduard <i...@dejongfrz.nl>:

I'm using SVN.

I'd be against removing SVN support from NB, doing would greatly reduce the usefulnes of NB for me.
--
Eduard

David Heffelfinger wrote:
Thanks for bringing this up, I'll discuss with the NetCAT organizers.

David