On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:45 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
<wlt...@o-sinc.com> wrote:
> ...which I why I also suggested taking it to the Apache
> Foundation as a global issue. All Apache projects could benefit from
> such. No reason to limit to just Netbeans...

I don't think the ASF can ever get involved in paying bounties for
development. It goes against our very strong "fierce independence from
companies and organizations" principle, and might be problematic with
our 501(c)3 status as well.

That being said, the best place to discuss such things ASF-wide is the
dev@community.a.o list, https://community.apache.org/

-Bertrand