Hi John,

Thanks for sending the detailed proposed TOC for the book.  I agree with the
three-part book, and I also am in-line with the proposed chapters.  I like your
idea of looking at the various NetBeans books that are available now to get an
idea of coverage.  Those interested in working on the book should send ideas on
proposed chapters after looking at the table of contents from some of the other
available books.  I believe that would ensure we have a solid lineup of
chapters.

To answer your questions:

1) With respect to collaboration, I like the email idea, and I also think that
we should start a NetBeans book Slack group.  Perhaps as a channel added into
the existing NetBeans slack group.

2) Thanks for starting a mailing list for the book!  I think this is a great
idea.

3). Apress uses Microsoft Office online (and they should provide accounts) that
we authors can use for collaboration efforts.

If we go with Apress for the book, we will be working with Jonathan
Gennick...at least in the beginning.  I'll reach out to him and provide your
contact information John, if the group is interested in proceeding.

Thanks again...looking forward to moving this along!

Josh Juneau
juneau...@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/index.php/author/author/view/id/1866