On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 3:53 PM Thiago Costa de Paiva wrote:
> From these, the valid argument is that it would be non-standard (not a top
> level name) related to Appache rules, which I think is indeed not acceptable.
> It would not imply any source code organization change nor submodules:
>
> git clone <appache url>/nuttx/core nuttx
> git clone <appache url>/nuttx/apps apps

The use of submodules was also considered before (I also proposed
that) and turned out to be a bad idea :-) :-)

> Anyway, from all the discussion, since hyphens should not be used according
> to what Greg said previously, I think we have only two options:
>
> nuttx
> nuttx_apps

Then you are pro option 1 :-)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 10:47 PM Nathan Hartman
<hartman.nat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (..)
> In the discussion from a few months ago [1] several reasons were given
> why not to use hyphens in the names (they confuse some tools and
> underscores are safer).
>
> Two possibilities for repo names were given:
> 1) nuttx and nuttx_apps
> or
> 2) nuttx_rtos and nuttx_apps

Based on my experience I am pro 2 choice as it clearly distinguishes
rtos part from the apps part, is a self explanatory at first sight,
and is more compatible with the potential use cases.. also as Gregory
explained this nuttx_rtos part is really the whole RTOS part :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek