Le 14/06/2016 à 19:56, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
Poorly documented, non-functioning code is not an attractive feature that will
draw new users.

If there are pieces that are being removed that you think are worth remembering, write a wiki note (it can be searched by Google) documenting these partially implemented features that can be recovered from the SCM if anyone cares in the future.

The attic is a compromise to make hoarders feel comfortable but putting junk in the attic with no documentation about why things were written, why they are not finished or currently not used, is of questionable value. Non-functioning code that may be written to older standards or, worse yet, bad programming practices is just dangerous.

Better than throwing the baby with the bathwater, as we say in French (in other words remove without any mentions but in the commit log, good luck to find anything there). You never know and would be surprised by what can happen sometimes...

Is anyone willing to QC the code placed in the attic?

This could happen, again who knows and who can say better? We all know we have
limited capable resources.

Jacques

Ron