Ah NO.  Those so-called "phantom" committers
had their commit to this projext revoked when you graduated
to a TLP, but the larger point that Greg's making
remains true- it is a false sense of security to
rely on ACL's to pretend you don't need to vet your
commit list.  See http://www.apache.org/dev/open-access-svn
for more details of an ongoing debate to simplify
our svn rules accordingly.