You're *still* understating the extent of the ceremony.  They had to go through
everything a subsequently-invited committer had to do, even though Sam Ruby
provided the initial instructions.  But thanks for mentioning the iCLA.  That
is an useful object to have on file in tracking down a possible credentials
exploit.

I agree that there are those who never showed up after being established.  Rob
apparently knows who they are.  I assume that any commits from those (maybe
even logons anywhere) will raise vigilant eyebrows.  For double measure, Andrea
should have the list, posted on private@ too and maybe filed in the PMC-private
area.  That should establish adequate oversight.

There are also a few committers who have announced their resignation and not
since rescinded it.  Put those on that "watch list" also.

I don't know what is to be done if any of those have used @openoffice.org
e-mail addresses in their iCLA and as their @a.o forwarding address.  I suppose
those are the best to attempt impersonating.  The first act to be accessing the
profile of an user -- thus confirming the credential -- and changing the
forwarding address.  Then opting-in should be relatively easy, especially if
the original @a.o-holder is not watching any lists here.  Having done that, a
malefactor can proceed to establish a PGP signature verified for the @a.o too.

So, to lock this door, it is *really* necessary to lock-down those committer
profiles and remove their authz everywhere.  To be reinstated, it is probably
necessary to convince the Secretary of the ASF that the request is authentic.

 - Dennis