Hi,

I have created a new Wiki page for developers how want to add new panels to the sidebar [1]. At the moment it focuses on the explanation of a demo extension that with some Java code shows an analog clock in a new "Tools" deck. The part that explains how a sidebar panel extension works in general has to be extended in the future. But it's a start.

Until I find a better place, maybe in the SDK, the source code (as Eclipse project) [3] and OXT file [2] can be found on my apache people directory.

I also have a question for those of you with a better understanding of Mediawiki: do we have an extension that allows syntax highlighting of XML and Java code snippets?

Regards,
Andre

[1] http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar_for_Developers
[2] http://people.apache.org/~af/clock/AnalogClock.oxt