Hi Andre,

Andre Fischer schrieb:
Hi,

I have created a new Wiki page for developers how want to add new panels
to the sidebar [1].  At the moment it focuses on the explanation of a
demo extension that with some Java code shows an analog clock in a new
"Tools" deck.  The part that explains how a sidebar panel extension
works in general has to be extended in the future.  But it's a start.

That is a good idea. It's too bad, that I have no time now but have to wait till school holidays for to play around with this feature.

Until I find a better place, maybe in the SDK, the source code (as
Eclipse project) [3] and OXT file [2] can be found on my apache people
directory.

I also have a question for those of you with a better understanding of
Mediawiki: do we have an extension that allows syntax highlighting of
XML and Java code snippets?

Yes, the extension SyntaxHighlight GeSHi, see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Syntaxhighlight and http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Help:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi

For XML I have used for example
<syntaxhighlight lang="XML">
<draw:enhanced-geometry
svg:viewBox="0 0 10 10"
draw:type="non-primitive"
draw:enhanced-path="M 0 0 L 10 6 0 10 Z"
/>
</syntaxhighlight>

I don't know, whether all languages mentioned in http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi#Supported_languages are actual supported in our Wiki.

Kind regards