On 24 June 2013 22:10, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:

> > From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
>
> > 1. We have a consultants page on the website:
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
> >
> > 2. We had a blog post about this:
> >
> > https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/calling_all_openoffice_consultants
> >
> > 3. I've done the SEO to make it so our consultants page is the top
> > Google result for the query "OpenOffice consultants"
> >
> > 4. The consultants page is also linked from our support page:
> > http://www.openoffice.org/support/#professional-services
> >
> > So if someone does offer this service we have a way to make it known.
>
> Yes, this list I know very well, since I'm on it even there.
>
> Note:
> That list includes 10 companies, of which 9 companies offer not to the
> what I asked. Actually there are only three companies offering
> "development", and two of them I know personally and know that they do not
> offer the what I asked.
>

> I had asked those who offer such services simple question because I was
> hoping people here could read along, offering such things, or know who does.
>
> I myself am provider of services to AOO, but it does not seem to be easy
> to find someone who actually offers changes to the C++ code to make,
> provided that the relevant contract includes only a few thousand euros.
>

> For example LO seems to me that much easier, since one of the developers
> has confirmed to me that it would be no problem also handle orders from a
> few thousand euros.

I am pretty sure, you can find independent developers (like myself) who can
and will handle small orders (again like myself). But making a general
statement is dangerous, since a lot depend on
a) what you expect for a few thousand euros
b) if you expect a formal contract setup, with prepayment bills etc.

I would never say yes to in general to do developments, but with specific
details I might, and I am sure a lot of other independent C++ developers
think in the same way.

Please remember this is a list of volunteers (like with LO) so our prime
target is not to make money.

rgds
jan I.