On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
>> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
>
>> 1. We have a consultants page on the website:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
>>
>> 2. We had a blog post about this:
>>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/calling_all_openoffice_consultants
>>
>> 3. I've done the SEO to make it so our consultants page is the top
>> Google result for the query "OpenOffice consultants"
>>
>> 4. The consultants page is also linked from our support page:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/support/#professional-services
>>
>> So if someone does offer this service we have a way to make it known.
>
> Yes, this list I know very well, since I'm on it even there.
>
> Note:
> That list includes 10 companies, of which 9 companies offer not to the what I
> asked. Actually there are only three companies offering "development", and
> two of them I know personally and know that they do not offer the what I
> asked.
>

> I had asked those who offer such services simple question because I was
> hoping people here could read along, offering such things, or know who does.
>
> I myself am provider of services to AOO, but it does not seem to be easy to
> find someone who actually offers changes to the C++ code to make, provided
> that the relevant contract includes only a few thousand euros.

OK.   I'm not aware of any companies that offer this at a small scale,
just individuals.  And what I see is customers posting their
requirements on freelance websites and getting bids that way.  I've
seen people looking for macro and extension work this way.   This is
easier for them than searching for a company for a very small job.

-Rob