Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
do we have numbers how many 32bit downloads we have, I would assume that
Linux is running under 64bit mainly.

No, it isn't. 32-bit was still a clear winner for the whole 2013:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/mediaresource/ee577c6b-74ca-472a-b698-b8488748e0dd
(as you see, 64-bit between 20 and 50% of the Linux downloads; it is growing and reached 50% in December, but it will take a while before 32-bit becomes negligible).

I am in favor to drop 32 bit Linux to reduce the number of binary
builds. Any opinions?

The above already shows that we can't drop 64-bit now. Additionally, a significant percentage of Linux installation probably starts from a "live media" installation, and for maximum compatibility these are often 32-bit. So it may well happen that 64-bit capable hardware still runs a 32-bit distribution.

Regards,
  Andrea.