On 15.01.2014 10:50, Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2014-01-15, 3:38 AM Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> And I repeat. Not supporting an operating system that was only replaced
>>> 2 1/2 years ago is wrong. Stand up now? Sounds like the old developer
>>> attitude "if you want it, do it yourself".
>> yes and no, that is how it works for sure. If you want something do it,
>> if you can't do it yourself convince others to help. Do nothing
>> definitely won't work.
>>
>> And this is not personal it is a general reminder how it works.
>>
>> Juergen
>
> And that is the bane of open source software.
No. AFAIK Apple, the commercial entity that produced and sold and developed
software for PPC has
stopped doing so, EOL policy.

---

The boon of open source software is, that everyone *can* take the source and
compile it for PPC.

Alternatively, other software products using AOO source code like LO can
support such a platform.
>From your comments it seems to be the case that a LO port for PPC exists, so
>why not suggest that
and use it, if you have extraordinary needs?

---rony