Am 01/14/2014 10:38 PM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:

On 2014-01-14, 1:46 AM Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 1/14/14 8:29 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
Many older computers will only run 32 bit Linux. This may not be
common among developers, but certainly is among older users and
installers/linux advocates who migrate older users to cast off
machines from children. My own main editing comouter is a 32 bit
running Xubuntu and OpenOffice. If I am asked to salvage a cast off
computer I normally reformat the HD and put 32 bit linux on it
without further thought, as this will run on nearly anything. I would
regret the loss of OO 32 bit. >
ok, I should take off my developer glasses;-)

Juergen

The same applies to Macs. If you continue to provide 32 bit Linux you
should continue offering 32 bit for Macs.

How about for Mac PowerPC computers? I hate having to recommend
LibreOffice to Mac PowerPC users.

Just a side note, so please don't take it personally:

Our longterm supporter, Maho, has given up himself to support this platform (I don't know at the moment why, maybe broken hardware ?). So, we have no hardware for building, testing, releasing - and would need to get (buy) this hardware to go on with AOO. ;-)

Apple has switched from PPC to Intel in 2006 and Mac OS X 10.5 in 2007 was the last version for PPC. So, these users have no chance anymore to upgrade their OS. I think especially Apple users like to have the newest stuff and I wouldn't expect that there are many people doing their daily work only on a PPC machine.

BTW:
With the work Herbert is doing (new baseline for Mac's will be 10.7) it would be the end anyway.

My 2 ct.

Marcus