On 2014-01-14, 1:46 AM Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 1/14/14 8:29 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
Many older computers will only run 32 bit Linux. This may not be common among developers, but certainly is among older users and installers/linux advocates who migrate older users to cast off machines from children. My own main editing comouter is a 32 bit running Xubuntu and OpenOffice. If I am asked to salvage a cast off computer I normally reformat the HD and put 32 bit linux on it without further thought, as this will run on nearly anything. I would regret the loss of OO 32 bit. >
ok, I should take off my developer glasses;-)

Juergen

The same applies to Macs. If you continue to provide 32 bit Linux you should continue offering 32 bit for Macs.

How about for Mac PowerPC computers? I hate having to recommend LibreOffice to
Mac PowerPC users.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese