On 10/12/14 08:22, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 23:01:01 +0000
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

>>> be
>>> which

>>> it
>>>
>>> maybe Rory can help here. It's easier than to search through 1560 hits.
>>> ;-)
>>
>> I'll uninstall Java on on unused windows machine tomorrow and catch the
>> error message, but it is likely to be about 15 hours from now as I have
>> meetings tomorrow morning. Going to bed now!
>

> Here is the message as quoted on the en-Forum
>
> "JRE is Defective
> No Java installation could be found
> Please check your installation"

I am currently have no proper windows machine in place but have anybody
tested AOO on Windows with a 64 bit Java and added a JVM parameter -d32
to run the JVM in 32 mode.

I can't remember if it works or not, some features will definitely not
work but these are not so often used from the average user. It can
potentially help to improve the search functionality and in case of a 64
bit Java this parameter is added. But I am not sure a swell if this
parameter still exists in the latest Java versions.

The longterm goal should be to become a 64 bit application on Windows
but this is of course a little bit more more work.

Juergen