From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 14:49
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java 32

Am 12/10/2014 11:08 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On 12/10/2014 08:52 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
[ ... ]
>> Since the message is limited in length and must translate easily, it
>> seems something like
>>
>> "A 32-bit Java Runtime (JRE) is needed for some operations.  See
>> <helpful URL>."
>
> I've tracked down info needed to change this message.
>
> Do we want to use the following for the helpful URL --
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/java.html

looks good (however, I've not yet read the complete text).

Is it possible to include a URL that is actually clickable? If not, the
user has to write it down and then input it into the browser's URL field
to get to the webpage. IMHO not really user-friendly.

If we can get it copyable - like in the About dialogbox - then it's for
sure better.

Marcus

>> I assume the URL would not need to be translated, and browser
>> sniffing could take care of language there. That does mean the
>> openoffice.org site needs a place with short URL for dealing with
>> this.

[ ... ]