Hi Louis,

> Thanks for the clarification and am glad you’ve been able to work with
> them.. I’m also not employed by them. I do find their work and
> collaboration interesting, as well, and in particular their use of
> Calligra, which I’ve long touted as very interesting, indeed. (I tried to
> engage Inge for a project; my inducement was the interest value of it.) I
> am intrigued that they chose to use Calligra here, as opposed, say, to
> WebODF (which was made by some who used to be associated—not sure?--with
> KOffice, which forked, one tine being Calligra; it is now the dominant one,
> I believe). I had been considering WebODF as a means of providing a measure
> of ODF support on mobile devices, and that still may materialise (if I get
> on it) but the Calligra instance is interesting. I’d love to learn more,
> on-list or off-list. I hope others might find you explanation of interest.

I don't currently work for them, only tell that they exist. But maybe,
after my retirement in two months, I will start to work on a FR
localization of their extensions. We'll see. I'm not especially a fan of
Mathematics and Statistics, but perhaps with a little aspirine, I could
digest " Modeller" ... ;-)
I don't have more details about the EuroOffice for Android developpement.
Maybe it's better to contact them directly if you will to learn more on
this project. I know only that calc is now available, but I haven't tested
it :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.multiracio.euroofficecalc

You might also (ahem) consider looking at Corinthia, which although is
> quite different from Calligra and EuroOffice (the subject at hand),
> nevertheless resonates with the pragmatic approach demonstrated by
> EuroOffice. My interest here is not to fragment AOO but rather to expand
> our horizons and to make it so that all users can really and truly be free
> to use open standards on the devices they bring to work or that are foisted
> upon them.

 Corinthia seems interesting, but a little young to get an accurate idea of
its possibilities. But the project is indeed promising.

> And, implicitly, to undo stealth vendor lock-in of the sort we are seeing
> now in mobiles for enterprise. Or have you not noticed that there are
> precious few native (as opposed to virtualised) open-source productivity
> tools to be found ready for the enterprise?

 I don't understand this latest sentence, I'm not a nativ en speaker, I'm
sorry.

Regards
--
gw