Am 01/02/2016 04:10 AM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:

On 1/1/2016 1:24 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 12/31/2015 10:04 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
On 12/31/2015 11:49 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 31.12.2015 um 19:53 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
On 12/31/2015 10:30 AM, Max Merbald wrote:
Hi,

let me say a few words on this too:

I have had the autosave option enabled for ages and I've never
experienced a problem I'd relate to this. In the contrary, it has
helped
me a few times to retrieve a document I've had a problem with
(such as
losing it for some reason or other. I think users will benefit from
the
autosave being enabled by default.

I also have autosave enabled, and have not experienced any problems
with
it personally.

Both of you work with ODF and export to foreign formats when necessary.

Bill M wrote:
The only change I made was to
turn off the question about save in ODF format as I send it to other
people
in RTF or Microsoft DOC format.

Bill M uses OpenOffice as an editor for foreign file formats which is
the anti-feature that deserves to be disabled completely. All documents
should be edited in ODF. Always. When you save another version in
foreign file format, the current document should remain the ODF source.
Foreign files should be loaded read-only and saved as ODF before
editing.

As an AOO user, I would sadly miss the ability to directly edit foreign
file formats - they are often effectively the interchange format for
collaborations. I want to see ASAP if I am using some formatting that
cannot be preserved in the file's primary format.

I suspect I am not the only user who would go with LibreOffice if it
allows me to edit MS-Word documents directly and OpenOffice does not.

to prevent any misunderstandings. It's not about to kick out any foreign
formats. The point is the following:

- Write something in Writer
- Save it as ODT
- The editor stays with the text in ODT format
- Then save it as DOC
- The editor stays with the text in DOC format

--> And this is the point to change. The editor should stay with the
original ODT format and not with a foreign format.

[...]

As I understand it, you want to add some "Save it as ODT" steps to the
workflow. Where would they go, and why, as an end-user, do I want to do
them?

no, I don't want to add something. I just wanted to explain that the editor should stay with the previous format and should not switch to the last saved one - e.g., DOC.

Marcus