I got icu to build. Here is my latest failure:

C:\OpenOfficeDev\Trunk\main\offapi\com\sun\star\sdb\XRowSetChangeListener.idl(45) : WARNING, type or identifier doesn't fulfill the UNO naming convention: i_Event dmake: /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/solenv/inc/target.mk: line 583: Warning: -- Macro `SHL2TARGETN' redefined after use
rm: cannot remove '../wntmsci12.pro/misc/qa.rdb': No such file or directory
dmake:  Error code 2, while making '../wntmsci12.pro/slo/test_reference.obj'

1 module(s):
        cppu
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/cppu/qa

Thanks for the reminder. My plan for this morning was to search my mail
archive for "icuin". I had hoped that getting rid of MP would get rid of
this sort of non-determinism.