Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
From: Andrea Pescetti
On 27/03/2016 Patricia Shanahan wrote:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html.
Then all of us are violating the policy every time we update the
website.
[orcmid]
That is not the case for *any* Apache Project web site or the web site for
Apache itself.
The ASF is very clear about open-source software releases and what that means.

It was clearly ironic, just to show that reading the words on that page ("Releases are, by definition, anything that is published beyond the group that owns it") without a grain of salt one could conclude that a website fix is a release. Of course, a website fix is NOT a release. And there is no reason to write it on the Releases page, since people have a brain.

It doesn't matter what the domain of use of the software is, it
matters that it is software made freely available as a public good.

When we have three PMC members willing to commit to voting (at due time) on the NetBeans plugin, this discussion will make sense. Otherwise we are wasting our time.

Note that if we go this way we will have to handle the previous "release" by Carl appropriately too. But I don't want to open too many discussions. Let's find the three PMC members willing to be involved first. Once we have them, everything becomes easier.

Regards,
  Andrea.