On 3/27/2016 12:26 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
When we have three PMC members willing to commit to voting (at due time)
on the NetBeans plugin, this discussion will make sense. Otherwise we
are wasting our time.

I generally have at least one Windows box with Netbeans installed, so I should be able to participate.

Insufficient PMC members is a problem in its own right, but I don't think it changes the release policy at all.

One possible solution to consider in the long term to splitting out some of this type of thing from the OpenOffice project. As a separate project it would be much less scary, and might attract more developers, and PMC members, with the specific skills.

Patricia