The issue, currently, is that the Mac OS X build requires, last I
checked, an extremely old version of OSX, Xcode, et.al. No one
has such a beast laying around.

I have tried creating a VMware Fusion guest but it is difficult
finding all the bits and pieces.

There was some discussion on (re)purchasing a MacMini to serve
as our OSX build machine. I can host it here in my house or
we can plop it in our NOC. Hell, I may just purchase one myself.