Hi,

increasing row-, column- or table count in Calc must be calculated well to fit into a 32 bit application. If memory consumption gets to the maximum (4 GB) then the application will crash. AFAIK AOO hasn't yet been ported to 64 bit on it's main platform (wntmsci6.pro). Be shure that document exchange will work with older versions of this application and export filters and their applications will support this as well.

Kind regards, Joost

Am 06.02.2017 um 09:46 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

From: Peter Kovacs [mailto:legi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 8:09 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Increase the number of tables in Calc

+1 for tests.

But honestly I would not expect a lot of effect if you are on a modern
machine with 4GB + memory and maybe SSD disks.

This is not a problem, I can use a Thinkpad T40 (Pentium M1,5 Ghz, 512MB RAM,
120 GB Western Digital HDD).

But the PC I use daily (Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo P7935) also has only 2 GB of
RAM, but an SSD.

btw:
Maybe we should also update the hardware requirements listed on our website:
https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

Greetings,
Jörg