On Tue, 26 May 2020 19:02:02 +0100 (WEST)
Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi Matthias, all
>
> I believe it would have more impact (and still be correct) if you replaced it
> with
>
> "the software reads all current file types of major competitors."
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

My reasoning for the earlier wording which I suggested is that many users,
becoming more and more inexperienced, expect every file to open with
OpenOffice; they take it as a personal insult when a file does not open, for
whatever reason. I prefer the slight ambiguity of "most".

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>